H o w T o M e a s u r e & P h o t o g r a p h F o r Y o u r D e s i g n K i t
Follow the instructions below to easily measure and photograph your room. It takes about 15 minutes and all you need is a measuring tape and your phone. Once you have your measurements, simply attach them to your questionnaire or email them along with any inspiration photos to email@example.com
- Sketch an outline of the room from a birds-eye view. Don’t worry this doesn’t have to be to scale!
- Mark in all doors, windows and other architectural features such as built-in wardrobes, shelving, etc.
- Measure the overall length of each wall with a measuring tape and note in inches
- Measure and note the ceiling height
- Measure each wall separately and note measurements of windows, doors and architectural features – including height and distance from ground
- Take photos during the day in good light.
- Remove any clutter from the room.
- Hold the camera or phone vertically.
- Take a photo from every angle of the room (four sides and four corners) standing on the opposite side of the room. Try to include part of the ceiling and floor in each picture.
- Number each photo and mark corresponding numbers on the floor plan.